Wednesday, October 31, 2012

emilythetall

Em celebrated her birthday this past week.
I am so glad she was borned.
And even more glad she lets me be her friend.
I am glad she has dance parties with me in the kitchen.
I am glad she has dance parties with me anywhere, really.
I am glad she likes to be on my team for volleyball.
I am glad she stays up late to tell me about life.
I am glad we share donettes on Sunday mornings.
I am glad she has the best taste in music.
I am glad she loves to thrift.
I am glad she serves and loves people so effortlessly.
I am glad she struggles being reverent in church like I do.
I am glad she pretends to understand the words I make up.
I am glad we have the best times together. Every single time.


(I am glad she lets me channel my inner Martha Stewart via her birthday cake.)
Em, you're making 26 look divine.

1 comment:

  1. Oh my goodness, Stacie Ann, I just LOVE You! Thanks so much for this adorable and kind post. I can't tell you how much I love that we are friends! You are such a little sunbeam of optimism and wit! Cheers to more dance parties and donettes!

    ReplyDelete