Wednesday, February 20, 2013

President's Day 2013

Spent the weekend down yonder in the George. We weren't planning to leave until Saturday morning, but when Friday rolled around and we were plan free, we booked it down there so we could wake up in the sunshine. Probably one of the better decisions I have made. And when I say we "booked it down there," I mean, we went the speed limit the whole entire time, listened to mix tapes from 2005, and greased our fingers up with that delicious smartpop white cheddar popcorn. Have you had that stuff? Get it now. Side note: On our drive back, we were filling up for gas and found an empty bag of it in the garbage when adding ours to the can. I wanted to know who that person was that put it there! I am sure I would like them and we could be BFFs. I should've asked the gas station for some security footage. Next time.

Saturday: Clay went for a run, and I sat in the sun. Obviously. Having a boyfriend that is training for the Ironman is exhausting. Headed to Snow Canyon and hiked all around until we met up with our friends, and then promptly hiked some more. Replenished our carbs with burgers at 5 guys, and decided it would be smart to put swimsuits on 30 mins later and soak in zeeee hot tuuub.






Sunday: I was majorly impressed that we got 15 of us up and to church by 9am. What a feat. I was also majorly impressed that we managed to get ourselves to a Spanish branch, and majorly impressed that my friends sing beautifully in a foreign language. I picked up on a lot of "luz" and "padre celestial" comments. After church, we ran home, changed, made butt loads of PB & J sandwiches (it was like a factory) and headed to Zion's. I was a first timer and certainly won't be a last timer. Angel's Landing? More like "congrats on not falling to your death landing." Yikes. Good thing I didn't tell my mom we were doing that hike until we were already back home. What doesn't kill you makes you stronger, and also makes your legs sore and your breathing reaaaally deep.











































I am grateful to have a body that lets me do things like this. And grateful to have friends that like to do them.
Check out even classier pictures over on the might as well be a professional's blog.

2 comments:

  1. i'm so glad i was apart of this weekend. let's do more trips!! the best! especially let's go where sun shines.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank the Lord y'all helped me up this mountain! Had a lovely time with you deary!

    ReplyDelete